Assist with transformation and prepare the territorial project through implementation of Territorial and Rural Balance Clusters (PETR)
We assist you in the operational definition of the change project for your “Pays” (living area), by defining along with you a strategy of transformation and supporting you in the elaboration of your territorial project as part of the new PETR regulatory framework.
The law for Modernisation of Territorial Public Action and Affirmation of the Metropolis (known as the MAPAM law) was voted by both Assemblies on December 17th 2013, and enacted on January 27th 2014. Article 79 of this law provides territories with a new tool: the Territorial and Rural Balance Clusters.
The vocation of these new closed joint unions is to become structures able to counteract the weight of the metropolisation process and offer Countries the possibility to recover a new legitimacy and legal stability.
The PETRs will be responsible for defining a territorial project within the 12 months following their creation in order to define the outlines of economic, ecological, cultural and social development to match the scale of their perimeter.
Implementation of this new tool must adapt to local contexts that already vary greatly both by the legal environment of the existing structures (association, GIP (public interest group), joint union, etc.) and by the regional strategies developed. In light of the above, many questions arise:
- the legal development of the structures already in place?
- the interplay between the projects and scopes of the new PETR, the “Pays” and the Territorial Coherence Scheme?
- strategy of contractualisation methods between the regions and the PETRs?
- implementation of unified services and organisation of mutual aid?
- conditions for implementation of the territorial dimension of the next CPERs (state-region projects contracts)?
In any event, this major change should give new impetus to territorial strategies, and territorial projects will be the centre pieces in future development strategies.
To guide you through this major change, Absiskey and OTE Ingénierie offer you support specifically tailored to your needs, to:
- help you make the necessary changes to your legal environment without risk
- support change management within your structure
- help elected representatives and technicians to prepare your territorial project, taking into account its specificities
- prepare you and help you assume a solid foothold as part of implementation and contractualisation within the CPER 2014-2020, the new European funds programme, not to mention other external funding (regional, departmental, etc.).
The method proposed to become a PETR and prepare a territorial project that can mobilise external funding.
Whatever the initial legal situation of your “Pays” and the resulting implementation schedule, the methodology we propose is structured around 3 key steps:
The first transformations of the “Pays” SM (joint unions) will take place before the end of July 2014, with implementation of the first PETRs on January 1st 2015. We thus need to take the lead as it seems obvious that the territorial projects developed by the PETRs will act as a basis for all forms of contractualisation and thus for external funding of your projects by higher-level local authorities, the State and the European Union.